Pyramid & PECS
Pyramid Approach to Education®
Picture Exchange Communication® (PECS®)
- How do I determine if a person is a candidate for PECS?
- What do I need to prepare for each learner prior to beginning PECS?
- The person I am thinking about for PECS is not able to match. Should we postpone the introduction of PECS until these skills have been mastered?
- Will PECS prevent individuals from learning to speak?
- Does every learner need their own PECS Communication Book? Is it ever appropriate to use topic boards?
- How are PECS and picture schedules different?
- How long should a training session last?
- How many pictures do you introduce in Phase I?
- How many trainers do I need to implement Phase I of the PECS protocol?
- How many settings should I target for PECS implementation?
- We have been working on Phase I for quite some time and the child is not independently exchanging the icon. What could be the problem?
- How many pictures are presented at one time at Phase II?
- I don't want my students getting up out of their seats during the school day. However, I realize that persistence is an important skill to teach. How can I reconcile these issues?
- What about the learner with mobility difficulties? How can I teach persistence with PECS?
- Is it okay if my learner puts the reinforcer icon on the Sentence Strip™ before he puts the "I want" icon on the strip?
- Who deconstructs the Sentence Strip™ and/or places the pictures back inside the book?
- My learner inconsistently vocalizes while constructing the Sentence Strip™ or while I am "reading" it to him. I want him to vocalize EVERY time! How can I encourage speech without demanding it?
- When should I introduce attributes?
PECS and Core Vocabulary
Products & Ordering
- Are your products only for the use of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- What ages are your products for?
- Does Pyramid offer digitalized versions of their products?
- Where do I find the link to download the digital product?
- How do I use the Pics for PECS CD?
- Are the Schedule Pictures different from PECS 151?
- What is the Pyramid Approach to Education, 2nd Edition book about?
- What if I have a question about a product?
- Can I submit a product idea?
- Can I submit a picture idea for the Pics for PECS CD?
Ordering & Payment
- How can I preview products before I order them?
- When can I place an order?
- How may I pay for my order?
- How will I know if my order has been received?
- I am located outside of the USA. How do I place an international order?
- What if I am part of a tax exempt organization?
- Does Pyramid share my personal information?
- How do I get an invoice or quote for an NDIS participant product order?
- Can I order products via email?
Returns & Warranty
Pics for PECS Download
- Do you need to have a customer account to purchase the Pics for PECS Download?
- Is the entire Pics for PECS image collection available as a download?
- Is the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download compatible with my Mac computer?
- What are the minimum requirements needed to download Pics for PECS Version 15 to my personal computer?
- How many downloads and activations are included with the purchase of Pics for PECS Version 15 Download?
- Once purchased, how long does the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download installation process take?
- Once purchased, how do I install the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download onto my PC?
- Help! I lost my license key for the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download. Where can I find it?
- Help! I previously purchased the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download and want to install it on another computer, but I don’t have any more activations available.
- When I try to download and install the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download, the installer will hang or crash. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?
- When I try to download and install, the Pics for PECS Version 15 Download, I am getting a virus/malware warning. Why is this happening, and how do I fix this?
- How do I purchase your apps?
- Which apps are available for purchase on Android™ devices via the Google Play Store?
- Which apps are available for purchase on Apple devices via the App Store?
- Do I need an internet connection to run your apps?
- Which languages for your apps are available?
- Do you have demonstration videos available for your apps?
- Where can I find more information about your apps?
- If I have trouble with the apps and the list of Frequently Asked Questions doesn’t answer my question, what should I do?
Apple, iTunes, and Apple Devices
- Are your apps available for purchase through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)?
- What is the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP) through Apple?
- How do I purchase multiple licenses using the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP)?
- How many Apple devices can be connected via the same Apple ID?
- What is Guided Access?
- How do I set up Guided Access to disable buttons that I don’t want my learner to use on the apps?
- Where can I find more information about PECS IV+?
- Is there a demonstration video available?
- How do I set up my first book in the PECS IV+ App?
- How can I learn more about the features available in PECS IV+?
- Are trial versions of PECS IV+ available?
- When is it appropriate to transition a learner from a PECS Communication Book to PECS IV+?
- How many images can be loaded into each book within PECS IV+?
- How many languages are supported with PECS IV+?
- Is PECS IV+ being developed for use on the Android™ platform?
- Does PECS IV+ offer multiple voice options?
- Is it possible to back-up the app?
- Is it possible to add “NO” symbols on top of images that are currently unavailable?
- Is it possible to import images from the web into the app without using the web search function within the PECS IV+ app?
- Is it possible to change the name of a book within the app?
- My learner keeps tapping on the lock icon and using the code to unlock the app when in Communication Mode. How can I resolve this issue?
- Help! Every time I close the app, the individual pages get dismantled, pictures move randomly from one page to another and I need to re-arrange everything before presenting to my learner. What should I do?
- How do I change speech pronunciation within the iPad (example, so ‘I’ is pronounced accurately)?
- What are the system requirements needed for PECS IV+?