How do I purchase your apps?
Which apps are available for purchase on Android™ devices via the Google Play Store?
Which apps are available for purchase on Apple devices via the App Store?
The following apps are available for download on iPad® and iPad mini™ ONLY: PECS IV+, PECS Phase III and iHear PECS®: Animals™.
Do I need an internet connection to run your apps?
- Purchasing and downloading our apps from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Sending emails to firstname.lastname@example.org via your Apple or Android device when using our apps
Which languages for your apps are available?
|PECS IV+||English, but app includes picture libraries in the following languages:
English, Spanish, Japanese, French, German and Greek
|PECS Phase III||English|
|iHear PECS: Animals||English|
|Working4||English, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese|
Do you have demonstration videos available for your apps?
- PECS IV+
- PECS Phase III
Where can I find more information about your apps?
If I have trouble with the apps and the list of Frequently Asked Questions doesn’t answer my question, what should I do?
Apple, iTunes, and Apple Devices
Are your apps available for purchase through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)?
What is the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP) through Apple?
Learn more general information about the Volume Purchase Program for Education at Apple.
A Volume Purchase Program for Education Guide can be viewed here.
How do I purchase multiple licenses using the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP)?
How many Apple devices can be connected via the same Apple ID?
What is Guided Access?
You can use Guided Access to:
- Temporarily restrict your iOS device to a single app
- Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task, or areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction
- Disable the hardware buttons
How do I set up Guided Access to disable buttons that I don’t want my learner to use on the apps (Apple devices only)?
Where can I find more information about PECS IV+?
Is there a demonstration video available?
How do I set up my first book in the PECS IV+ App?
How can I learn more about the features available in PECS IV+?
Are trial versions of PECS IV+ available?
When is it appropriate to transition a learner from a PECS Communication Book to PECS IV+?
How many images can be loaded into each book within PECS IV+?
How many languages are supported with PECS IV+?
Is PECS IV+ being developed for use on the Android™ platform?
Does PECS IV+ offer multiple voice options?
- Tap the lock icon in bottom left hand corner to enter Communication Mode.
- Tap selected profile (Drag or Drop; Drag; Tap or one of your custom profiles)
- A Dialog box with multiple options will appear. Tap on Speech Synthesizer.
- Another dialog box will appear. Adjust the Speed and Pitch of the voice up or down.
- Type text into the text box and tap Play to listen to the adjusted voice.
- Once you have achieved the desired voice, tap the back arrow at the top of the dialog box.
- Tap the Start Communication button to enter Communication Mode.
Is it possible to add “NO” symbols on top of images that are currently unavailable?
Help! The web search function in PECS IV+ no longer works. What should I do?
It is still possible to import images from the web into the app. However, it takes a few more steps. In order to import images from the web, please follow these instructions:
- Close the app and open Safari.
- Search for the necessary image via Safari.
- Once you locate the desired image, take a screen shot of the image using your device. The screen shot should now be accessible via your camera roll.
- Open the app and import the image via the import from photo library feature.
Is it possible to change the name of a book within the app?
- Tap on the book icon with the squiggly lines around it at the top left of the screen where all the books are listed. This icon will turn yellow once tapped.
- To change the name of the book, tap on the current name of the book. The rectangle that the text is in will turn yellow. You can now delete the name or input a new name.
My learner keeps tapping on the lock icon and using the code to unlock the app when in Communication Mode. How can I resolve this issue?
Can I transfer my PECS IV+ app from one device to another?
If you have backed your device up using iCloud, you can sign into the new device using the same Apple ID and restore your settings from the previous device. This will only work if you are using the same Apple ID on both devices. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer the PECS IV+ app from one device to another on devices using different Apple IDs.
Can my PECS IV+ app be synced between two different devices?
At this time there is no way to sync the PECS IV+ app between devices.
Our school uses a MDM to distribute apps. Will the PECS IV+ app work with MDM?
Unfortunately, the PECS IV+ app will not work with MDM (Mobile Device Management). The PECS IV+ app requires a single user to login using an Apple ID, therefore making the app incompatible with MDM.
If you need to change speech pronunciation within the iPad (example, so ‘I’ is pronounced accurately)?
Below are the steps required to change the pronunciation:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech (or Settings > Accessibility > Voice over > Speech depending on your iOS version)
- Go to Pronunciation
- Type ‘I’ in the phrase section
- Type ‘i’ in the substitution section. In newer iOS versions, instead tap the microphone icon and speak the phrase the way you would like it pronounced.
- Toggle off ‘Apply to all apps’
- Scroll through the list of apps under ‘Apply to’ and select the PECS IV+ app