How do I purchase your apps?
You can purchase our apps through your tablet or device directly from the App Store (for Apple devices: iPad®, iPad mini™, or iPhone®) or Google Play store (for Android™ devices).
Which apps are available for purchase on Android™ devices via the Google Play Store?
The following apps are available for download on Android devices: Working4™ and R+ Remind
Which apps are available for purchase on Apple devices via the App Store?
The following apps are available for download on Apple devices (iPad®, iPad mini™, and iPhone®): Working4™, Wait4it™, and R+ Remind.
The following apps are available for download on iPad® and iPad mini™ ONLY: PECS IV+, PECS Phase III and iHear PECS®: Animals™.
Do I need an internet connection to run your apps?
- Purchasing and downloading our apps from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Sending emails to email@example.com via your Apple or Android device when using our apps
Which languages for your apps are available?
|PECS IV+||English, British English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, and Russian|
|PECS Phase III||English|
|iHear PECS: Animals||English|
|Working4||English, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese|
Do you have demonstration videos available for your apps?
Where can I find more information about your apps?
If I have trouble with the apps and the list of Frequently Asked Questions doesn’t answer my question, what should I do?
Apple, iTunes, and Apple Devices
Are your apps available for purchase through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)?
What is the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP) through Apple?
The Volume Purchase Program for Education through Apple allows educational institutions special pricing on apps purchased through the program. Institutions enrolled in the program receive a 50% discount on apps when purchasing in quantities of 20 or more.
Learn more general information about the Volume Purchase Program for Education at Apple.
How do I purchase multiple licenses using the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP)?
For more information, read the Volume Purchase Program for Education Guide.
How many Apple devices can be connected via the same Apple ID?
What is Guided Access?
Guided Access helps you to stay focused on a task while using your iPhone or iPad. Guided Access limits your device to a single app and lets you control which app features are available.
You can use Guided Access to:
- Temporarily restrict your iOS device to a single app
- Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task, or areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction
- Disable the hardware buttons
How do I set up Guided Access to disable buttons that I don’t want my learner to use on the apps (Apple devices only)?
Where can I find more information about PECS IV+?
Is there a demonstration video available?
How do I set up my first book in the PECS IV+ App?
How can I learn more about the features available in PECS IV+?
Read through our Getting Started Guide here.
Are trial versions of PECS IV+ available?
A trial or free version of PECS IV+ is not available. However, there are some demo videos of the app available online that you might find helpful here.
When is it appropriate to transition a learner from a PECS Communication Book to PECS IV+?
How many images can be loaded into each book within PECS IV+?
Each book within PECS IV+ can support up to 30 pages with up to 28 pictures on each page (840 images total). If your learner’s vocabulary has exceeded 840 pictures, you will need to set up another book within the app to accommodate additional vocabulary.
How many languages are supported with PECS IV+?
PECS IV+ supports 15 languages: English, British English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, and Russian.
Is PECS IV+ being developed for use on the Android™ platform?
Pyramid has plans to develop the PECS IV+ app for the Android platform in early 2023.
Does PECS IV+ offer multiple voice options?
PECS IV+ does not include multiple voice options. However, it is possible to adjust the speed and pitch of the speech synthesizer. Below are instructions to follow in order to make adjustments to the speech synthesizer within the app:
- Tap the lock icon in bottom left-hand corner to enter Communication Mode.
- Tap selected profile (Drag or Drop; Drag; Tap or one of your custom profiles)
- A Dialog box with multiple options will appear. Tap on Speech Synthesizer.
- Another dialog box will appear. Adjust the Speed and Pitch of the voice up or down.
- Type text into the text box and tap Play to listen to the adjusted voice.
- Once you have achieved the desired voice, tap the back arrow at the top of the dialog box.
- Tap the Start Communication button to enter Communication Mode.
Is it possible to back-up the app?
At this time, the only way to back up the app to an outside database in order to ensure that all data (user pictures, profiles, and books) is protected is to back-up your entire device using iCloud. Please follow the Apple guidelines on Backing up and Restoring Apple devices:
Is it possible to add “NO” symbols on top of images that are currently unavailable?
This feature is not currently available within PECS IV+. We suggest that the unavailable items/pictures be moved to a special insert page reserved for unavailable items. This is one strategy that we recommend for low-tech PECS Communication Books as well when “no” symbols are not available.
Is it possible to import images from the web into the app without using the web search function within the PECS IV+ app?
Yes, it is still possible to import images from the web into the app. However, it takes a few more steps. In order to import images from the web (without using the web search function available within the PECS IV+ app), please follow these instructions:
- Close the app and open Safari.
- Search for the necessary image via Safari.
- Once you locate the desired image, take a screen shot of the image using your device. The screen shot should now be accessible via your camera roll.
- Open the app and import the image via the import from photo library feature.
Is it possible to change the name of a book within the app?
- Tap on the book icon with the squiggly lines around it at the top left of the screen where all the books are listed. This icon will turn yellow once tapped.
- To change the name of the book, tap on the current name of the book. The rectangle that the text is in will turn yellow. You can now delete the name or input a new name.
My learner keeps tapping on the lock icon and using the code to unlock the app when in Communication Mode. How can I resolve this issue?
Can I transfer my PECS IV+ app from one device to another?
If you have backed your device up using iCloud, you can sign into the new device using the same Apple ID and restore your settings from the previous device. This will only work if you are using the same Apple ID on both devices. There is currently no way to transfer the PECS IV+ app from one device to another on devices using different Apple IDs.
Can my PECS IV+ app be synced between two different devices?
At this time there is no way to sync the PECS IV+ app between devices.
Our school uses a MDM to distribute apps. Will the PECS IV+ app work with MDM?
At this time, the PECS IV+ app will not work with MDM (Mobile Device Management). The PECS IV+ app requires a single user to login using an Apple ID, therefore making the app incompatible with MDM.
How do I change speech pronunciation within the iPad (example, so ‘I’ is pronounced accurately)?
Below are the steps required to change the pronunciation:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech (or Settings > Accessibility > Voice over > Speech depending on your iOS version)
- Go to Pronunciation
- Type ‘I’ in the phrase section
- Type ‘i’ in the substitution section. In newer iOS versions, instead tap the microphone icon and speak the phrase the way you would like it pronounced.
- Toggle off ‘Apply to all apps’
- Scroll through the list of apps under ‘Apply to’ and select the PECS IV+ app
What are the system requirements needed for PECS IV+?
iPadOS version 12.5.5 or higher is needed to run PECS IV+. Below is the list of Apple devices that PECS IV+ can be used on:
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- iPad 4th generation or newer
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch