Are you or your team looking for the seal of approval that shows you are implementing the Picture Exchange Communication System® (PECS®) according to the standard protocol?
The Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) is an evidence-based practice that is supported by a large body of research from around the world. Learners achieve solid functional communication and attain the greatest benefit when the PECS protocol is carefully followed. To assure high quality PECS implementation, Pyramid Educational Consultants offers the PECS Certification Program, a process that assesses competence in implementing the PECS protocol.
PECS Implementer Certification is the perfect option for individuals who have attended PECS Training and would like to demonstrate the high quality of their PECS implementation.
PECS Manager Certification is designed to meet the needs of administrators who are looking to ensure staff are following the PECS protocol by having a certified PECS leader within your district or agency.
PECS Certification is designed to:
- Foster and maintain quality assurance of PECS implementation
- Enhance the effectiveness of PECS for learners
- Recognize commitment to professional standards with acknowledgement on our global website
- Provide parents and professionals an opportunity to demonstrate competency in PECS
There are three levels of PECS Certification, each building on the knowledge and skills gained from the previous level:
- PECS Level 1 Certified Implementer (PCI-1)
- PECS Level 2 Certified Implementer (PCI-2)
- PECS Certified Manager (PCM)
PECS Implementer Certification Level 1 And Level 2 Are Designed For
Professionals or parents who:
- Work with children or adults who have autism, developmental disabilities, and/or limited communication
- Have attended a PECS Training given by Pyramid Educational Consultants
- Currently implement PECS
- Want to ensure they are implementing PECS according to the protocol
- Want to maximize communication across the day for learners
PECS Manager* Certification Is Designed For
- Have completed PECS Implementer Certification Levels 1 and 2
- Have attended a Pyramid Approach Training by Pyramid Educational Consultants
- Want to become a PECS leader within their team to provide coaching and supervision of PECS implementation
- Want to present PECS Overviews to parents and professionals within their organization
*PECS Manager Certification is not intended for those who are in private practice.
People who are PECS Implementer Certified and PECS Manager Certified are not licensed PECS Trainers or Consultants and are not authorized, certified or trained to present PECS Level 1 or Level 2 Trainings.
Note: If you have limited internet access and/or prefer to complete the process via mail and/or email download the PECS Certification Application.
If you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
To view the list of PECS Certified Implementer, Managers, and Supervisors worldwide visit our PECS Certified Status page.