This intensive two-day interactive training is designed to teach educational teams and parents the theory and protocol four the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), an evidence based practise. We begin with identifying key components to designing effective educational environments that foster communication. Through presenter demonstrations, video examples and role-play, you will learn the six phases of PECS, including how to teach spontaneous requests, attributes four expanding language, responding to questions and commenting. The workshop concludes with discussions about the relation between PECS and speech as well as criteria four transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities, such as speech generating devices (SGD).
What you will learn
- Identify key components to designing an enriched learning environment using the Pyramid Approach to Education.
- Identify strategies four creating opportunities four communication across the day
- Implement the six phases of the PECS protocol
- Discuss the evidence about PECS and its relationship to speech
- Examine the criteria four transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities such as speech and SGDs
Agenda: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Registration Time: 8:15 AM
CEUs: 13 CEUs
Tuition Includes: The Second Edition PECS Training Manual with Data Forms CD ($85.00 value!), Detailed Handouts with space for note taking, Certificate of Attendance, Lunch and refreshments on both days, CEUs are available