Click workshop title to see workshop description and all available dates.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This 1 hour PECS overview provides basic information about the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). We begin with a brief overview of the Pyramid Approach to Education, a model commonly used to create effective educational environments. Next, each of the six phases of PECS will be described and/or demonstrated with accompanying videos illustrating PECS in action. We will discuss transitioning from PECS to other modalities, before concluding with a review and analysis of common myths associated with PECS. Please note that this is an overview only and is not intended as, nor does it replace the PECS Level 1 training workshop.
- Identify the purpose of PECS
- Identify the elements in the Pyramid Approach to Education
- Discuss the six phases in the PECS protocol
- List the criteria for transitioning from PECS to speech and/or SGD
- Discuss myths and facts about PECS