Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This two-day training focuses on creating lessons and activities to promote communication throughout the day. Beginning with a review of the Pyramid Approach to Education as it relates to PECS, we guide you in refining your PECS implementation and discuss current challenges you have experienced within the six phases. As you acquire teaching strategies on expanding vocabulary and syntax combined with new ideas for materials, we will discuss how to increase communication opportunities for your learner. Throughout the training, you will be provided with presenter demonstrations, video examples and opportunities to role-play. With innovative ideas, increased confidence and renewed enthusiasm, you will leave the PECS Level 2 Training ready to move PECS users to more sophisticated levels of communication.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identify the six phases of the PECS protocol
- Analyse common difficulties with PECS implementation
- Generate solutions to common challenges with implementing PECS
- Provide communication opportunities across the day in all activities
- Implement specific strategies for teaching advanced language concepts
PECS Level 2 Training