The Songs and Stories Kit combines our Song Activity Kit and Story Book Activity Kit with our Activity Binder.
With pictures to teach:
- the language associated with five favourite nursery rhymes, and
- commenting on five beloved story books
This kit is ideal for any early years classroom or clinic setting!
Included in the kit:
- Activity Binder in your choice of colour
- Seven Activity Boards (4 tabbed and 3 non-tabbed in contrasting colours)
- Six Large Sentence Strips in different colours
- Toys and finger puppets for the songs ‘Old MacDonald’, ‘5 Little Ducks’, ‘5 Speckled Frogs’, ‘5 Cheeky Monkeys’, and ‘Incy Wincy Spider’
- Pre-laminated pictures for each of the included activities
- Lesson plans and lyric sheets for each activity
- Hook and Loop Fasteners
Story books not included.
Additional pictures can be created using our Version 15 Pics for PECS download.
Try using our Mini Schedule Board or the tools included in our ‘Visual Strategies Tool Kit’ to help in motivating learners to engage in language lessons.
What is hook and loop?
Hook and Loop Fastener is the generic name for what most of us refer to as Velcro. Hook is the hard/prickly side of the fastener and loop is the soft/fluffy side of the fastener.
When ordering our products we give the option to choose which side of the fastener you would like on your PECS books and pages, and which side you’d like on your pictures.
We typically suggest ordering hook for your books and pages, and loop for your pictures.
Please Note: Most organisations (schools, early intervention centres, clinics) have a specific rule they follow regarding which side of the fastener to use on pictures and books/pages.
If your child is attending an organisation where they will be using PECS, check with them regarding the hook and loop rule they follow prior to ordering.