Written by Lori Frost, M.S., CCC-SLP and Andy Bondy, Ph.D., 2002, 396 pages.
The 2nd edition of this popular training manual provides comprehensive instruction on implementing the Picture Exchange Communication System.
The goal of PECS is to provide individuals with an effective and functional method of communication.
The Training Manual provides;
- A description of the Pyramid Approach to Education; the foundation for creating all PECS lessons.
- A detailed chapter on functional communication.
- Full descriptions of each of the 6 training phases; including rationale, training steps, and mastery criteria.
- Frequently asked questions, helpful hints and sample data sheets.
- Reproducible evaluation forms, data sheets, reinforcer worksheets, and communication programming worksheets.