1. Pyramid Certified PECS Implementer:
Pyramid Certified PECS Implementers have actively demonstrated to Pyramid Educational Consultants of Australia their ability to implement all Phases of PECS according to the PECS protocol. If necessary for the certificate holder, Pyramid Consultants can verify that these individuals can properly implement the Phases of PECS.
People seeking this certification must provide proof of attendance at a PECS Basic Training conducted by Pyramid Educational Consultants of Australia. All participants must have attended this workshop within two years of the application date. Each candidate must complete each of the following requirements:
- Competency in implementing PECS at each of the six Phases
- Competency in error correction within PECS
- Competency in implementing PECS during functional activities within classroom, home, or community environments.
- Competency in writing PECS lessons
- Competency in data collection within Phases of PECS
- Competency in writing summaries of PECS implementation
After satisfying the above requirements, each candidate must also pass a written exam. This exam will be faxed or emailed to the participant at a pre-determined time.
Upon successful completion of all requirements, PECS Implementers will receive:
- PECS Implementer Certificate-renewable every three years
- Recognition as a Certified PECS Implementer on Pyramid Educational Consultants of Australia web page
Pyramid Certified PECS Implementers MAY:
- Implement PECS according to the standard Phase I-VI training protocol with individuals on their caseload displaying a variety of communication difficulties.
- Coach immediate team members (teachers, classroom assistants, OTs, SLPs parents, etc.) in implementing PECS with their students/children. This must be on a 1:1 interactive basis only and is best done one Phase at a time as the students progress through the Phases of the PECS protocol. This is not a substitute for a PECS Basic Training.
- Work with team members to write PECS lessons.
- Demonstrate implementation to immediate classroom team and families.
- Create PECS activities for implementation across a variety of settings/activities.
- Create and adapt materials for use within PECS.
- Apply for acceptance into the PECS Supervisor Certification Program.
Pyramid Certified PECS Implementers MAY NOT:
- Conduct PECS training workshops, classes or seminars.
- Use the title "Certified PECS Implementer", "PECS Consultant", "PECS Expert" or anything similar to acquire additional clients, paying or otherwise, outside of their work agency, school, etc.
Please note: This level of PECS Certification requires only attendance at the PECS Basic Training. No additional workshop attendance is required for this certification. It is a self-paced program. However, applicants must complete all requirements within one year of application date. Exceptions will be made on an individual basis.
For more information about the PECS Certification program please contact us at email@example.com
Picture Exchange Communication System®, PECS®, and Pyramid Approach to Education® are the registered trademarks of Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc.